Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Wrap up

Yesterday I took a day off from blogging, but I’ll tell you it wasn’t super exciting food wise. I had lots of caffeine and crashed with a headache. I also had a huge breakfast consisting of 2 biscuits, sausage, grits, and eggs. That was pretty much my breakfast and lunch. Here’s one of the biscuits with sausage tucked in. 015

I had a Morningstar Farms chik patty later in the day, on an Orowheat thin, with Laughing Cow light cheese and spinach. 019

Also I had a carrot, hummus, and a pickle. 021

I happened to see some homemade mudflaps while on the road. Just thought I would share.007

(It says Jesus Saves with an ichthus)

Moving on to Sunday, for breakfast all I could muster was an egg sandwich, even though my boyfriend wanted fresh juice and pancakes. He’s still sick with a sinus infection or something, and I won’t make him pancakes and juice. Or give him early Christmas presents. I’m so mean.

Breakfast was an egg, cheese (havarti) sandwich, on Nature’s Pride whole wheat, with coffee and a satsuma. 

035 043 044 047 

Shortly after we went to my parents’ house for lunch. We were greeted with snacks and more coffee. Also carrot, apple, lemon juice for the invalid.

051

guacamole055 artichoke and parmesan dip052 

Chardonnay057

We made pizza today! I’ve been thinking of giving up dairy, and ever since then I’ve been wanting cheese like I’ll never have it again. The first pizza had olives, onions, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, herbs from the garden, and cheese.059

065

We had chianti with the pizza.063

The second pizza was half herbs and cheese, half pepperoni. I ate a couple of small slices of pepperoni.067

Such a good crust!

I’m excited for Christmas, I don’t know about anyone else. We finally got our stockings up. Well, I just bought them yesterday, we’ve never done stockings before. 048“A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer” – Mitch Hedberg

When we got home, I started on 2 projects: freezer burritos redux, and steel cut oatmeal.

The freezer burritos this time have chicken, refried pinto beans, black beans, rice, havarti, green salsa, green onions, and green bell pepper. Very green.084

Three of them are vegetarian, four are chicken. I had leftover chicken and rice, but no beans.

I snacked on a piece of brie (because I needed more cheese today), and had a cranberry juice with club soda.086

087

089

I’ve decided that Cran-Grape smells like Kool-Aid. Booo! Real cranberry juice is the best.

The oatmeal is cooled off and in the fridge (I made 4 servings), and everyone else is asleep, so I suppose I should follow suit.

No comments: