Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I’m Back From My Lasagna Holiday

This should be a quick post. Mr. Greens has a few big papers to write for school, and since we share a computer, schoolwork takes precedence. Sorry I missed posting the past few days. Believe me, it was nothing huge.

Mostly a heavenly lasagna that I ate too much of. For two days it was lunch and dinner. I ain’t ashamed! The core ingredients were andouille sausage and chicken (representin’ cajun flavor -kinda) and broccoli and spinach (dark green love) and TOO MUCH CHEESE :052

The boyfriend is the lasagna maker. I made the following horrible granola bars.057

They were so bad that I condemned them to life in the prison of my stomach. I ate them all and wanted to make more, but am holding back. One shouldn’t make more than one tray of granola bars per week. Plus I’m up three pounds (temporary cheese fat, I’m sure).

Moving on to today. I had a hastily eaten egg and ham sandwich in the car on the way to work. Don’t let the plate fool you.095

When I got to work, my boss asked me to eat something out of a bag. Sure, why not? 099

Turns out, it was a smoked piece of Gar that he had caught. The picture below is not my boss, but someone holding a Gar.AlligatorGar (1)

[source]

For a snack I had almonds.103

Lunch was a burrito. Inside was a sloppy mess of black beans, white rice, cheese, salsa, and a couple of ounces of chicken. It sure tasted good though.106

108

Afternoon snack was one I’ve been enjoying almost every day lately: peanut butter banana sandwich.120

Today I went with bites. That looks like a huge amount of peanut butter, but it wasn’t really, I think it just smushes out the sides from the weight of the banana.

Dinner was a roasted vegetable mix. (Bad pic)125

I roasted one carrot, two small potatoes, a head of broccoli, and several brussels sprouts. The result was very good.

No comments: