Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spinach Days

Well I skipped Monday’s post because we had a night of studying, and there was not much energy left at the end of the night. And today I forgot my camera at home so I didn’t photograph most of my meals. Hi, welcome to the “Irresponsible Blogger.”

Let me recap Monday:

I had steel cut oatmeal, dates, walnuts, and flax. 003

For a mid-morning snack I had a banana. 004

After working out, I had lunch. I usually eat a beans and rice bowl for lunch once a week. They’re tasty and inexpensive. Today I had black beans, white rice (half a cup of each), a serving of sharp cheddar, and salsa. I decided to add the mixture to a few tacos and top with spinach. 017

The taco shells I use are these small, fragile things, but they’re really tasty and don’t taste stale. Also, they don’t need to be heated to taste good. I am a convert.012

You would think that would hold me over, but no. I had almonds and a homemade oatmeal chocolate chip energy bar later in the day.  020006I don’t know why I kept this in the package to take the picture. It looks unappealing, sorry.

For dinner we had GREEK FEAST as it’s come to be known. Lessee, mujuddarah, hummus, pita, feta cheese, and garlicky broccoli. 032

So that was Monday.

Today (Tuesday), I had almost the same thing, with Greek leftovers for lunch, similar snacks, and a Green Monster after our run. 052

For dinner tonight I had a ham, cheese, and spinach wrap. 057

1 comment:

Elena said...

Oh, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I must make mujadara today!
The taco shells look really good.
Thanks for recommending them.
You're such a creative cook and your concoctions are so healthful. I am glad you're back.