Friday, June 17, 2011

All’s Well That Ends Well

On Wednesday I ended up going to the hospital for a pain in my side that wasn’t going away. Long story short nothing was really wrong with me (like gallbladder, kidney stones, or cysts) so I went home. It is never fun to go to the emergency room, and so the next day I treated myself to some of my favorite comfort foods. Like shorbat adass, the lentil soup that I cannot for the life of me duplicate. It is creamy, smooth and so tasty. I have looked up recipes that only list lentils, broth, garlic, and onions as ingredients, but this has a flavor that I cannot put my finger on. 025

I also had some Food Should Taste Good Olive chips. 031

And of course chocolate. I love salty and sweet together, like chocolate covered pretzels, so this Sea Salt and almond dark chocolate was perfect.

043

Earlier this week I had made the perfect salad for lunch. Hopefully I can make more great salad lunches. Unfortunately I left a bunch of fixings at work and now it is the weekend. Maybe they will still be fresh?

009

The salad was comprised of spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, avocado, romano cheese, and sea salt and pepper croutons. The cheese could actually go (I can’t believe I am saying that). I bought the romano in anticipation of making caesar salad but it hasn’t happened yet. The creaminess of the avocado didn’t mix well with the sharp cheese. 010 

I am resting this weekend. Hopefully by Monday I will be a-ok and ready to do all the things I’ve planned to do.

No comments: