Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It has been raining a lot here this week. I kind of like the rain, but it makes me sleepy, and messes with my outdoor exercise plans. In fact, this evening I came home and took a long nap when I should have been running. More on that later .

Breakfast was the always delicious Fage cherry topped greek yogurt, with a banana on the side. 004

I did not really snack today (unlike yesterday)!

Lunch was what I was supposed to eat for dinner last night: roasted brussels sprouts and macaroni and cheese. It was delightfully stinky. One of my coworkers told me that it was disgusting smelling.

007

I also had a club soda, which was kind of a nice treat from my usual water. We drink these like crazy at my house, especially the boyfriend.

012

A couple of years ago when I was trying to give up coke products, I tried drinking club soda mixed with cranberry juice, which is pretty darn tasty. Eventually I gave up the juice component all together, and we still buy club soda frequently. It’s just nice to have something different from water every now and then. To other coke fiends I would also recommend unsweetened iced tea. Also delicious, and it has caffeine!

Around 4:30 I had a clif bar in anticipation of my workout later this evening.

020

When I got home I had a glorious 2-3 hour nap, but woke up feeling panicked. I quickly changed and did my run outside. It was fun to run in the rain, although I was a little nervous to run down hill. You might not call them hills if you’re from any where else, but it’s a “hill” to me.

For a moment I thought I saw an alligator in the lake, but it was a nutria. He was huge!

When I got home I ate an omelet fit for a farmer or an Olympic gymnast, not an office worker. It was delicious, and not too calorie dense. Ingredients:

  • 2 medium eggs (these felt tiny in my hand, I am used to large or jumbo!)
  • 1 egg white
  • canola oil spray
  • 2 tbsp diced onion
  • 1/4 cup black beans
  • 1 cup broccoli, steamed
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
  • salt and pepper, to taste

The onions were cooked down in the oil until softened, then I added the whisked eggs. After cooking for a few minutes on low heat, I added the beans and broccoli, and covered the pan. I added the mess to a plate and sprinkled with cheese, pepper, and tomatoes. You shouldn’t take instruction from me, because I am the worse omelet maker (as far as aesthetics, but they are tasty).

035042

You can see on the plate where half the omelet stayed together, and the other half has become an egg mess. I am okay with that, because it all tastes the same in my mouth: delicious.

No comments: