Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Blech, Mondays…

Breakfast was a green monster. Ingredients:

  • 2.5 cups of spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1+ cup soy milk
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup plain frozen yogurt

006

I went to work for half a day, then went to the produce stand and got more bananas, apples, and citrus fruit. The store I went to had an ugli fruit, which  I have never seen before! I was tempted, but passed.

On the way home I stopped and got a Sonic coke. Sometimes I just want a coke. Especially when it’s boiling hot outside. For those reading from a state that doesn’t have Sonic – they are overrated.

When I got home I had 2 pieces of peanut butter toast with banana and chia seeds. 044

Why my interest in chia seeds? I’ve read they are a good source of fiber, and omega 3 fatty acids, among other things. Anything that will improve my hair, skin, and nails I am keen on trying. 034

We’ll see if I notice any good effects from eating them.

 

On Sunday my parents gave us four tomatoes from their garden, which are delicious!

076

The boyfriend and I ate BLTs on Sunday night, and I didn’t take a picture - I was too busy eating. Tonight I decided to take advantage of the fresh tomatoes again. Dinner was whole wheat pasta, pesto, spinach, and tomatoes. 071

The pesto is from Whole Foods, and it is okay. I want to make my own!

082

Side note: This afternoon I went running. I don’t know how many other people try and fail, try and fail many times, but I definitely have a hard time getting back on the horse. Commitment to exercise or really most things in my life are more mentally hard for me than physically. Once I have failed at something, I often don’t want to try again, and get depressed about my lack of success. Maybe I am just stubborn. Or a sloppy perfectionist? Whatever it is, it’s a terrible mental block. The more time that passes the worse it gets too. I definitely need to work on the time that it takes me to Deal With It. better-off-ted-phil-lem

Did anyone else watch Better Off Ted? That show had it’s moments. Namely, Portia deRossi and the two scientists. “That’s what we do now…we deal with things. DEAL WITH IT!”

Now I’m going to watch a movie (“Closer” with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen) and deal with drink some cabernet sauvignon.

087

No comments: