Thursday, June 30, 2011

Easy Breezy June Day

Ok, short post today. Well, that’s usual for me!

Breakfast was a green smoothie comprised of unsweetened almond milk, frozen banana, spinach, and flax seed.004

The spinach is the grown up kind, not the baby, and I have noticed a difference. The first time I used it, my smoothie was more watery, but I also used a non-frozen banana, and added ice, so that might be it. Also the big spinach I have to wash more thoroughly because it’s gritty.

Lunch was a simple affair: leftovers! I used the leftover canned salmon, half an avocado, and 3/4 cup of black beans.

016

Now queue up the Beatles “All Together (Now)”….

019

It looks like a hot mess, but it’s pretty darn good. And simple!

When I got home, my boyfriend and I went on a nice bike ride down the levee with a destination in mind. I had a groupon for the Pita Pit on the LSU campus, so we decided on that for dinner. I got a wheat pita with garlic hummus, feta cheese, black beans, red onions, spinach, tomatoes, and sprouts. 025

027

We only stopped once on our bike ride, so I barely got any pictures. Where we live the river levee is pretty nice for bicycling, although I wish they would pave it all the way from Baton Rouge to New Orleans.

Going toward LSU/New Orleans028

Going toward the State Capitol/Baton Rouge038

The swampy area on the Mississippi River side:

034 

Like I said, we only stopped once, so there’s not a lot of difference in the pictures, but the river can be really interesting. Lots of stuff to see.

After the ride, we watched a show (Blood of Thrones?) and I drank a beer, and ate some Backyard BBQ Kettle chips.

 043 

057

All Together Now!

No comments: