Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wine and Roses, or Carnations

Maybe it was the red wine talking last night, but I have started to miss the ol’ blog. It has never been a very good blog, but I had fun doing it. The wine in question was Newman’s Own cabernet sauvignon, and not too shabby.

 

 

IMG_8503

My boyfriend is sick, and I have been feeling down in the dumps. I bought some lovely flowers to cheer myself up.IMG_8488IMG_8492

Later I am going to try to fix the chili I started making yesterday. Does anyone else start making a recipe, and then realize you don’t have all the ingredients? I usually plow ahead and make substitutions, but I have never really made a good chili, so I wanted to follow the recipe exactly the first time. It’s seasoned with dark beer, chocolate, and coffee, which I am intrigued by. The best chili I have ever had was an Abita beer chili which I’m pretty sure was flavored with cocoa or coffee, or both. The recipe is Chili I from all recipes. Hopefully I will be back to show off a success.

What have I been up to in the past year?

In late May of last year I had a burst appendix! That was terrible, which is putting it mildly. The recovery and subsequent problems I had put a damper on working out. I still haven’t gotten back into the swing of things, and I feel sad about it.

I am still in school, and planning on continuing. That might be the biggest reason I stopped blogging, gardening, reading, and everything else in life. Seriously though, going to school and working full time is hard, and when I have time off I don’t feel motivated to do much.

I don’t know if I would go back to posting every meal every day, but I wouldn’t mind taking pictures of the cool summer meals we make. We’ll see Open-mouthed smile.

No comments: