Wednesday, November 25, 2009

6 Shots of Espresso

I just realized that I didn’t cook anything or even prepare anything myself today. *shrugs* Some days are just like that, I suppose. I’ve also had six shots of espresso today. On with the show!

Today I had loads of time in the morning. I decided to go to Highland Coffees instead of Starbucks (see yesterday). Luckily they open really early and they’re close by! I bought a whole wheat bagel and an iced mocha. 047

046

The bagel smelled so good in the bag that I almost gnawed the steering wheel on the way to work. Why didn’t I just eat the darn thing? That would’ve been smart. Instead I moaned, “I’m so hungry, I’m so hungry,” the whole way to work while eyeing the bag.

I snacked on a leftover snickerdoodle a few hours later. 072

At lunch I went to Whole Foods, along with half of the residents of Baton Rouge (the rest were at Walmart). I picked up a few things for tomorrow, along with a new granola to try called ginger snap. I couldn’t resist, there was a sale on about 10 different ones in the bulk bin aisle. Note to self: Never walk down the bulk bin aisle!  You’re not strong enough!

055054

Love the large clumps!

I wasn’t super hungry, but I ate a burrito from my emergency stash. 052

I love these, but I’m going to have to get off my butt and make my own freezer burritos. Much much cheaper.

Dinner was a treat. My boyfriend surprised me with thai food from our favorite restaurant Duang Tawan.

For an appetizer we ordered a yellowtail and scallion roll, and spring rolls.059

060

For the main course we both got red curry, his had fish and mine had extra vegetables and tofu.063

Vegetables included carrots, broccoli, onion, celery, green beans, bell pepper, mushrooms, butternut squash (so good), spinach or seaweed (too busy scarfing)and probably more. I’m just saying that Duang Tawan doesn’t mess around. Instead of fried or steamed little tofu squares, they brought me tofu skins. These were knotted in little twists, chewier and more robust than soft tofu.065

I’ve never had tofu skins before, but I’ve gotta say two thumbs up.

After dinner we did a little shopping and stopped by the coffee shop again. Yes I’m a fiend. And yes, I got the same thing as this morning.069

We also bought coffee so we have something to drink in the morning.

I’m excited about tomorrow’s feast too!

No comments: