Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Out of the Closet: I hate Cilantro

This morning I woke up in a pretty good mood. November does that to me.

For breakfast I had greek yogurt, honey, and granola. 3 Cheers for this breakfast!102

Yum. I snacked later on half a Clif that I had never tried: Peanut Toffee Buzz. It was so-so. There are a few other flavors I want to try before settling on my favorite.

105

My mother gave me a loaf of homemade sourdough bread this weekend, so I used a couple of slices to make a sandwich today.

106

For the filling I used brie and blackberry jam.

111

The brie was very cold so it didn’t want to spread114

But it ended up being very tasty nonetheless. I could’ve eaten 4 slices. 113

With lunch I had a few leftover roasted chickpeas. 104

They were good reheated in the microwave although not very crunchy.

After a couple of hours I had a TLC bar.009

For dinner, neither one of us had many ideas, mostly because we are completely out of fresh food. My fall back food is red beans and rice, but we quickly came up with the idea of going to Duang Tawan, our favorite Thai place. Well, when we arrived we found out that they aren’t open on Tuesdays. So we went down the street to an indian restaurant that I’ve always wanted to try called the Bay Leaf. Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures. I got the chana masala, a chickpea curry, which looks like this.chickpea source

I might have also eaten some of my date’s lamb curry, naan, and sampled an appetizer.

The only negative about Indian food is cilantro. I belong to the Ihatecilantro.com mass uprising. There’s debate as to whether the cilantro haters have more sensitive tastebuds or the cilantro lovers do. I think it doesn’t matter, just keep the poison weed away from me!

No comments: