Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Terrible Day Despite Cookie

Did you ever read the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? alexander

That’s what my day was. Just bad. No good. I even thought about going home at one point, but figured “rotten mood” wasn’t a good enough reason to leave work and forfeit overtime.

I started off the day with a rather creepy breakfast cookie. Hee! Possibly the bright spot in my day, even now.

013

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • tbsp peanut butter
  • banana chip eyes/nose
  • cashew eyebrows
  • walnut warts (?)
  • peanut butter chocolate chip grin

This was a high calorie but nice filling breakfast. I would like to try the cookie with almond butter and something else, but I don’t know what.

The inevitable Clif bar appeared at 11:00.bloggingfood 062

We just bought 2 big boxes of Clifs. Does anyone else buy in bulk? It’s definitely cheaper, although they don’t last long enough.047

Lunch was kind of different. I had half a cup of stuffing (Zatarain’s) , green beans, and mashed sweet potatoes, about a cup. 

020017

019

I loooove stuffing. Last year for Thanksgiving I made a Creole Cornbread stuffing that was so tasty, but it had something like 14 eggs in it and a stick of butter. Granted it was 20+ servings, so spread that out and it’s not too bad. I think I ate most of it though! I also found out the hard way that I shouldn’t touch jalapenos. Urfh!

The car ride home – honeycrisp. A guy in a drugstore parking lot yelled an obscenity at me. He has no idea how close he came to getting this apple upside his head. *Inhale* *Exhale*

015

For dinner I made twice baked potatoes. This was frustrating. The potato skins were too thin, falling apart, and I didn’t have any of the filling ready when the time was right. Oh well, just one of them days. 023

The filling was sauteed onions, yellow bell pepper, a little bit of Havarti, and a slice of deli turkey. Sounds off, but it was good. It was topped with a generous dollop of plain nonfat Fage yogurt. Half of the pictured dollop went to the boyfriend.

028

On the side? Stir-fried broccoli with a pinch of garlic salt and a sprinkle of pine nuts.

029

The kitchen is closed, the rest of the house is asleep, so it looks like it’s time for me to follow suit. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: