Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

In my family we do an alternative Thanksgiving feast, but it’s a feast nonetheless. This year we had sushi.

I started with a little Groth wine. 003

We prepped the rice and the vegetables and made dumplings for nibbling on while waiting for the main course.

My mother rolled several rolls005

and so did my boyfriend008

I stopped being annoying with the camera long enough to make a crab salad roll, topped with masago, and a vegetarian vegetable roll. 013

All in all we made several nice rolls, but I think my vegetarian roll was the surprise hit. It had wasabi paste inside, toasted sesame seeds, red bell pepper, cream cheese, and carrots and cucumber. People always like crunch.

Crab salad, vegetable, california:

029

salmon and avocado, wasabi kick vegetable roll,

018

Philadelphia roll

015

yellowtail and green onion016

Philadelphia topped with crab

028 

My plate:033

My mom and I like to use avocado, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, cream cheese, sesame seeds, and spicy things for vegetarian rolls.  031

We also had cabbage and sesame seed salad023

and sake 032

022

We ate it all!037

Dessert was flaming pumpkin pie. A regular pumpkin pie, topped in sugared pecans, doused in whiskey…038

then ignited052

Until next year, flaming pie!

No comments: