Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pseudo-Indian dinner

I had the day off, but a few appointments to keep. I started the day with an egg and havarti cheese sandwich on my mom’s sourdough bread. It was so delicious, I want another one just looking at the picture.019

018

I don’t know how, but we ended up with 6 eggs that were expired by a couple of days. I used 4 this morning for our breakfasts (they were still good, by the way, and probably not even a Grade B). If I weren’t worried about health problems I would’ve force fed Mr. Greens two more hard boiled eggs for an afternoon snack. I know I sound cheap, but it drives me crazy to throw away things like eggs, bread, lettuce (or spinach).

I went to the eye doctor this morning, and had a fitting/consultation for contacts. It took over 3 hours. I felt bad for insisting that boyfriend come with me. He’s sick, and studying for finals, but he was a trooper. My eyes were very tired after being poked and trying on 6 different pairs of lenses.

For lunch we stopped at Subway. Here’s an old picture (I got the same thing):024 

023

For dinner we had a thrown together dish, using a curry simmer sauce I picked up at Target. 021

I had a leftover chicken breast to use, frozen chickpeas, and red bell pepper, squash and zucchini.024

026027

It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. 035

Later on, I helped Mr. Greens study for his finals, and I baked these snickerdoodles to help our brains.043

The cookies aren’t really that good, hate to say. I bought a tub of refrigerated cookie dough from a coworker for her daughter’s school. Nothing’s really wrong with them, but I prefer homemade cookies with real butter and sugar.

No comments: