Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tabasco and Wasabi

This morning I had savory oats consisting of

  • steel cut oats
  • an egg
  • 2 links of morning star farms sausage
  • tabasco sauce
  • paprika and pepper

001

After I prepared this I went to put my contacts in and learned a very important lesson about eyes and Tabasco sauce. Let’s just say my eye rejected the contact forcibly. Haha! I really didn’t think I had touched the Tabasco, but I’m hoping that’s the problem, since I want to wear my contacts tomorrow.

For a snack later on in the morning I had a Clif bar. 011

I worked out at the gym at lunch. I’m trying to keep my spirits up about exercise. I feel like I should do more, like run outside, lift weights, do yoga, and everything else, but I also haven’t figured out how to incorporate it into my life. It can happen, I just have to do it and it will become a habit.

For lunch I had leftover “mom’s vegetarian lasagna”. I don’t know why I wrote that. Unnecessary quotation marks, much? At least I didn’t say “mom” or “vegetarian”, implying that neither are the real deal.006  004

It was very tasty. Especially on a rainy cold day like today.

In the afternoon I snacked on a satsuma, and gingerbread spice tea.  009

010

Out of the seasonal teas I’ve tried, I think gingerbread spice is the best. Sugar cookie is a little bland, but it smells good.

Toward the end of the day I ate some unpictured carrots, celery, hummus, and a few radish slices. My gums have been hurting so I thought I was going to give up the carrots today, but I started craving something around 4:30. My options were popcorn or veggies. Just in case you’re wondering, I had a filling last year between two of my back teeth that causes me problems sometimes. Most of the problems are caused by broccoli, carrots, apples (the skin), chicken, and beef. I blame the pot roast on this. My dentist said I should stop eating broccoli. I think he was joking. That was a long random story….

After work I went to the drugstore and grocery store. I found several deals, like a Buy One Get One free almond deal at the drugstore. Unfortunately my favorite flavor was out, so I tried something new. Wasabi Soy Sauce! 013

 

Let me sum up my feelings in two words: Paint Thinner! Maybe they’ll grow on me a little. I’ve already eaten a few. Now I’m off to rub my eyes. (kidding) Does anyone want the other container?

I also found some BOGO deals on MOJO bars, so I bought them, although they didn’t ring up as free at the register – don’t you hate that? I dislike having to point out pricing problems, but I hate losing money or feeling gypped.

Dinner was leftover split pea soup and crackers. 025

028 

TLC Honey Sesame Crackers.

Of course right when I declare we don’t keep crackers in the house I go out and buy some. There are myriad reasons for that, but I won’t go into that. Enough blabbing for today.

1 comment:

Thinspired said...

Hi Emily! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I have never been to Louisiana but have heard it's a beautiful place.
Still haven't tried savory oats...you are brave to have Tabasco in the morning! :)