Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Spaghetti and Chocolate

This morning I had an omelet filled with black beans, bell peppers, cheese, and onions, plus homemade   hashbrowns.007

006008

I didn’t go into work because I woke up early this morning with a stomach ache and headache. I should’ve just manned up and gone in, but I didn’t. Instead I read my book and took naps. The boyfriend made all of my meals today. Isn’t that nice of him?

For lunch I basically had a carrot and hummus which I ate in bed and didn’t take a picture of. I also fully admit to eating a bag of peanut M&M’s.

For dinner we had meatballs and spaghetti, which was delicious. 016

013

Whole wheat spaghetti is the base, the meatballs are made out of pork and beef plus breadcrumbs, garlic and spices. Topped with freshly grated parmesan – terrific! There were plenty of leftovers too, so you’ll be seeing this tomorrow for sure.

I made broccoli with garlic and pine nuts on the side.022 020

After I ate dinner I was craving chocolate, so I made peanut butter toast with baking chocolate chunks on top. You know it’s bad when I’m resorting to the baking chocolate.036

I love my new appetizer sized plates which I bought on sale a few days ago.

5 comments:

elena said...

I love the new plates!

We had pasta and broccoli last night too. Afterwards, I polished off the last of my Christmas chocolate. I guess it was that kind of night.

Hope you have a good day.

j3nn.net said...

Those meatballs look soooooooo good! *craving* Not very much sketties though! lol :)

emily said...

@J3NN - it was a full serving of spaghetti, under a huge pile of sauce and enormous meatballs. Believe me, I measure!

elena said...

ha,ha I wondered what "sketties" were.

Mom said...

Your peanut butter/toast/baking chocolate concoction gets the Molly seal of approval.