Monday, January 11, 2010

White Bean and Kale soup

Tonight was an evening of dark chocolate and shiraz. 054

We actually went to the store just for chocolate (and beer). It was an emergency I promise.

To rewind a bit: breakfast was oatmeal with dates and walnuts, plus an apple on the side. 019 023

I had the day off so we ran unpleasant errands all day. It was nice to get things done like inspection stickers, parking tags, and school stuff. For lunch we resisted the urge to eat out and ate leftover jambalaya.035

Plus a few pita chips and homemade hummus.034

For dinner I made a white bean and kale soup. I kind of winged the ingredients:

  • white beans (sorry I didn’t measure)
  • 1 1/2 links of andouille
  • half a box of stock
  • half a bunch of kale
  • one carrot
  • one stalk celery
  • one clove garlic
  • water to cover
  • half an onion

It turned out pretty well, although it needed a little Tony Chachere’s. 040 037

If I make it again I will add more vegetables and possibly chicken, plus more chicken stock. I wrongly assumed we had a large box of chicken broth in the cupboard and we did not, so I had to improvise with water.

No comments: