Do you read to the beginning of every blog like me? I love first posts.
Today's breakfast was an unpictured bowl of oats (Silver Palate) with raisins and walnuts, also a huge cup of coffee.
Lunch was a bowl of leftover split pea soup and a grapefruit half.
Grapefruit is one of those foods that I only recently discovered that I like. And I really like it alot!
I made a sweet potato bread today. I've made it before. It's adapted from a recipe off of allrecipes. com. Original: sweet potato bread
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Also: add dates or raisins if desired
- Combine sugar, oil and applesauce; beat well. Add eggs and beat. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water. Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan (or 2 small loaf pans). Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about one hour.
If these loaves look a little small and flat, it's not your eyes! I was thinking about a zucchini bread recipe that I always have to divide into two loaf pans when I made this. Oops! Oh well.
It's a very rainy Louisiana day. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a bike ride in.
Today when grocery shopping I picked up some cotton running/soccer shorts on sale. Wahoo! Tomorrow I'm going to the parents' for brunch. We'll see if I get any pics in.