Thursday, September 24, 2009

Szechwan Shrimp Stirfry

Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday's spicy oats. Midmorning I had a cup of Mint Medley tea and half of a Clif bar. Yawn!
Let me help you out with this picture: the greenish thing in the foreground is a tea bag, the black blob behind it is my mug and there may be a clif bar in the shadows. Also there is a healthy christmas cactus to the left (not mine), and a parking lot through the window.
Lunch was leftover cauliflower mac and cheese, field peas, and an oven roasted sweet potato. It was just as good the second time. I still have about 4 servings of cauliflower mac and cheese!
Dinner: I wanted something green, and the boyfriend wanted shrimp and pesto pasta, which is a dish we often eat. I told him to go ahead and make it for himself, but make enough shrimp for me. I had an easy szechwan shrimp stirfry in mind. I've made this recipe before, and remember liking the sauce but not liking the veggies I used. Plus I needed to use that Romanesco I bought!

Ingredients for stirfry:
  • Romanesco (about half a head)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas
  • 1/2 cup shelled edamame (both this and the sugar snap peas have been taking up valuable real estate in my freezer)
  • 1/2 of a red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup sliced onion
Served on a bed of rice.

Magnifico! Much better than the last time I made it! I used more ginger than the recipe called for, and only 2 cloves of garlic. Next time I'll add some carrot and maybe toasted sesame seeds.




The evening also saw 2 of these. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
I've got to go to bed!

Sichuan

No comments: