Saturday, September 26, 2009

To Market To Market to buy a Fat Fig

This morning I woke up a little cranky and dry mouthed.
My boyfriend made me coffee and breakfast though, so that was quite cheering. Breakfast in bed was grits and a soft boiled egg.
Propped up by the ol' foot. Our curious cat will sniff anything you put in front of her nose. You can't tell, but she's really craning her neck.
After I ate, I decided it was time to go do my Saturday grocery shopping.

Vegetables: 2 potatoes, 4 ears of corn, 2 red bell pepper, garlic, 3 small squash, zucchini, 2 turnip, 2 carrot, and 3 sweet potato.
Also: 2 small yellow onions, green onions, brussels sprouts, boston lettuce, and 2 avocado.
Fruit: Cantaloupe, bananas, and grapefruit.The total for today was 21.12.I went to another store to get dry goods, bread, milk, eggs, and so forth. The only interesting thing I got there were some dried banana chips, yogurt covered raisins, and 2 bags of almonds.Yes, definitely lots of snacks. I love those Smokehouse almonds. My father used to eat those (or was it Emerald brand?) all the time, but he would nibble on one almond for hours.

Speaking of snacks, later I ate a grapefruit. It was from last week and was a little more sour than bitter. I was going to eat that apple too, but I lost interest.
Dinner:
Salmon burgers, sweet potato fries, and roasted turnip.
The turnip: it was sprayed with olive oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper, then wrap in tin foil and place in the oven for about an hour. While that was going on, I made a few sweet potato fries. The best method I've found is to spray the baking sheet or tin foil with olive oil. I also lightly mist the top of the potatoes too. Then shake on my secret spices.The salmon burgers turned out pretty well. We ate them plain with an avocado on Orowheat thins. Also had a couple of olives and pickles on the side. Next time I'll use a Chipotle mayo or something to give it a little zing. Mine:His:
He also ate a tuna burger and I tried a bite. It was tasty!


Tomorrow we should be going to a concert with my parents, and we're planning on taking a bicycle ride.

No comments: