Monday, October 5, 2009

A Complete Breakfast

Monday! I got a call from my boyfriend early this morning that I brought his keys to work with me! Ack! I hate it when things like that happen.
Breakfast was the Last of the Voskos with honey, PB Puffins, and a banana.
Once again I'm impressed by Greek yogurt. This container has 140 calories, 0 fat, and has 24g of protein. Plus the texture and flavor is out of this world!
I snacked on carrots, grape tomatoes, celery, plus a couple of red bell pepper with leftover hummus.
After working out at the gym, I came back to my desk starving. My coworker was talking to me while I was cramming my sandwich in my cheeks. It's a regular pita, with Boston lettuce, 2 oz of ham, and 1 oz of cheddar. I like Boston lettuce a lot, so I might have to try growing it. The grocery stores here usually carry pitiful looking heads.
This kept me full for quite a while.
Around 2:00 I had my customary afternoon coffee. I couldn't help but break out the Clif bar.
These things are the devil. Yum!
When I got home, I really wanted a sweet potato, but decided against it. Instead, I threw together a stirfry. It consists of carrots, celery, shelled edamame, garlic, ginger, secret bayou seasonings, and shrimp. Atop brown rice
Just mediocre. I should've gone with what I was craving instead of trying to make a dent in the freezer food.
For dessert I had a pear.
Protein:
This article links to a World's Healthiest foods article about Protein. I found it very informative, especially the foods high in protein that are plant based.
I need to go to bed!

No comments: