Friday, October 9, 2009

Samurai Sushi

This morning I woke up with the most horrible hangover. The thing is, I didn't drink anything last night. I don't know what happened, but I had a horrible headache and my stomach hurt. I took a huge Ibuprofen and went in to work anyway.
Breakfast made me a little more cheerful. It was a big bowl of steel cut oats with half a mashed banana, topped with coconut shreds, walnuts, raisins, and twisted peanut butter chips. I almost topped it with granola, but held back.
Those chips are Nestle Peanut Butter chocolate chip twists. I figured they might be good in banana bread someday, but they ended up catching my eye when I scrounged for oatmeal toppings.
At 11:00 I had a mini Larabar. Do you see the size of this thing? About two finger joints. That's small, but tasty and just enough for a small snack. I surprised myself by really liking the apple pie flavor. The thing is, I don't usually like apple flavored food, but I love real apples. And Larabars have real, unsweetened apples in them.
I know a lot of people feel the same way. We don't like fruit flavored candy or drinks, but like the real deal.
I worked out at noon, even though I was feeling sick. I almost didn't, but then right when I was going to leave for Starbucks one of my coworkers mentioned the gym, and I started to feel guilty, so I picked up my bag and left. It turned out to be all for the best. I love the gym on Fridays - no one is there.
Lunch was a carbon copy of yesterday's meal. A pita bread sandwich with hummus, sprouts, mushrooms, and spinach. Pita with only hummus:
Now stuffed:With FSTG Olive chips.I took their web site's suggestion and dipped the chips in hummus. Pretty darn good!
And Veggies:This was quite filling.
After several hours I broke into my stash and got a Zbar.
I liked it! It was almost cookie-like, and was excellent with coffee.
Dinner:
Tonight I decided on sushi, so we went to Kamado's. We haven't had sushi in ages, and that might be my favorite meal ever. First, I should apologize for the picture quality. If we ever go out to eat again, I'll do better. I promise.
For an appetizer I got spicy soup. It's similar to a hot and sour soup. I loved the mushrooms, zucchini, and shrimp in it. The vinegary, seafood and tomato broth is so tasty. It was HOT!


We ordered a salmon and avocado roll, a vegetable roll, a Negihama (yellowtail and scallion) roll, 2 pieces of mackerel sashimi, and a special roll: The Samurai.


The samurai has crawfish, crab, spicy mayo, eel sauce, tobiko, tempura flakes, tuna, and about a jillion other things I can't remember. Frankly I was hoping their website would post a full menu, but I shouldn't have counted on that.



We didn't finish all of our food. Usually we order a ton of rolls and scarf them all!
I think my favorite might be the vegetable, although it wasn't on point tonight. I love the crunchy pickled vegetables.
Tomorrow's a big day- shopping, cleaning, baking, etc. Also, LSU vs. Florida so I need to be off of the roads. Tailgating started tonight. People are cuh-razy.
Links Of Interest
Lower Depression Risk Linked to Mediterranean Diet
10 Foods Most Likely to Make You Sick
Study Finds Calorie Postings Don't Change Habits

No comments: