Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Amish Swish

I'm still eagerly awaiting fall weather! I was supposed to start eating more cleanly in October, but I forgot about all the temptations. [Especially with Octoberfests!]
I bought cookie dough from my coworker yesterday. That breaks about 3 rules of mine.
  • stop buying so much crap
  • no cookies
  • Limit charity/contributions/gifts at work (I was going overboard)
Moving on...
Breakfast was good! It was a leftover waffle from Sunday's breakfast. There were several waffles leftover that I threw in the freezer. This I topped with a small sliced pear and 2 crumbled walnuts.
I might have another tomorrow!
Morning snack was a tupperware full of veggies and hummus.
Lunch was a struggle. I had to go to lunch early, and also my big boss bought pizza for everyone. I thought about it for about a second, and then went and grabbed two slices, left them at my desk and ran to the gym. He ordered what seemed like hundreds of pizzas, which was awesome. But there were no plain cheese slices, which is what I wanted! The vegetable: (And sausage - bite missing)
It was not quite as good as my mother's homemade pizza, but it certainly hit the spot. I love pizza, and free food!
Snack: Later in the day, I was a bottomless pit, and had a snack of Clif iced gingerbread bar and a banana.
Dinner:
I told my boyfriend that I was hormonal, thus craving salty and fatty foods. He said, "you crave salt every day!"
Just put a salt lick in front of me, and call it a day.For dinner I had the last of the cauliflower mac 'n' cheese from the freezer.

After I started eating, I decided it wasn't enough. So I added black beans and an ounce of Amish Swiss. (haha - I typed swish at first)
Much better. Did I ever tell you I love beans?
On the side, instead of water I drank club soda and a squeeze of lime.
Skinny Drinks:
This past weekend I bought club soda, tonic water, and limes in order to make vodka tonics. Imagine my surprise and horror when I found out how many calories were in them!
Vodka runs usually 70-100 calories per jigger (the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories), and tonic water is usually 90 calories per 8 ounces. It would be safe to say that the vodka tonic that I was going to drink would be about 200 calories. That's not to say that I won't drink them, but I might just try club soda instead since it has no calories. I read a good tip to use club soda, a splash of cranberry juice, and a lime wedge. Sounds tasty!


P.S.

This morning I received notice in the shape of a flyer pasted to my car that a studio is filming in my neighborhood this week. That's cool, but I also can't park in my neighborhood all day or night for the rest of this week and next! Ahh! Maybe I'll get some good pictures though.

No comments: