Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Oats

Tuesday:
For breakfast I had pumpkin oats, using a third cup of Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling. On top I sprinkled vanilla almond granola, raisins, and walnuts.
About halfway through I stopped eating. Something tasted like plastic. Maybe it was the expired pumpkin? The week old oats? For lunch I had a grilled ham and cheese with spinach.
On the side I had veggies and hummus: grape tomatoes, yellow and red bell pepper, carrots, and celery. Meh. I made this batch of hummus, and it didn't turn out so great. Mostly because we didn't have enough lemon juice. Lemon juice is very important apparently. I squeezed a lime into the mix, but that seemed to add more bitterness.

Snacks:
Later I had a Clif Z Bar. Peanut butter is not as good as Honey Graham in my opinion. This was chewy, and had a rather syrupy taste.
The difference between these and large Clif bars is these are more of an oat/granola bar, whereas Clifs feel more like a protein bar. I like that Z bars are all organic and have fewer calories. Of course, they're also smaller.

I also ate a really good banana, but I saved the Chobani for later.
I feel like the window for bananas is 2-3 days. Then they're too soft and mushy. If I had a fruit stand within walking or bike riding distance to my house I would buy fruit as needed, instead of weekly. Right now I'm feeling pressure to eat a lot of fruit that I just bought.

Dinner:
We were both tired, so we made a simple meal using leftover roasted chicken: Pesto pasta.
It's definitely one of our go-to quick meals, along with chicken salad, and omelets. We use store bought pesto, whole wheat rotini, and chicken or shrimp. I tossed a few tomatoes in mine. They fell to the bottom, apparently.

After dinner I fell asleep. I have had the worst sinus headache since Sunday! Boyfriend has been fighting a cold or some sickness since then as well.





No comments: