Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Spicy

Saturday:
After buying produce, I stopped and got lunch at Roly Poly, a chain sandwich wrap place. Their vegetarian options always look good to me.

I had the California Hummer. The avocado, tomato and sprouts were very fresh. The hummus is tasty and peppery, but I don't think the dressing is necessary. Lots going on!I also had chips and a drink. I went for the plain iced tea, but it was either over-brewed or too old. So I had water, and Jalapeno chips. These are good, but the heat sneaks up on you.Also, no offense to Miss Vickie, but she ain't no Kettle.

For dinner, we had takeout cheeseburgers. It seems any day that I do grocery shopping I don't want to cook. They were from Opie's Cajun Cafe.It's been a while since I've had a cheeseburger. They were tasty, but not worth the calories.
With that came an Oktoberfestand a Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale.
I've heard some negative reviews about Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale, but I didn't think it was so bad. Of course, drinking the Spaten beforehand probably helped. I would like to try a Pumking and a Punkin Ale, and maybe Abita's Fall Fest and Pecan Harvest.
Mmmm....

No comments: